Friends of Southwest Virginia (FSWVA), a non- profit organization, is recruiting qualified individual(s) to assist the Southwest Virginia marketing director, executive assistant and community development specialists in duties pertaining to communications and community development in Southwest Virginia.
The selected individual will gain a broad range of experience related to both marketing and community development initiatives of Southwest Virginia. The interns can expect to work closely with Southwest Virginia marketing director, executive assistant and community development specialist. The intern’s scope of work includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in promotional opportunities for Southwest Virginia’s brand
- Content generation for myswva.org and social networks including daily, weekly and monthly publications
- Expansion and verification of Southwest Virginia’s inventory database
- Assist in programs and events that strengthen local economies through their connection to cultural and outdoor assets
- Provide general support to executive assistant, marketing director and community development specialist
The selected candidate should be pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, tourism or recreation, and have experience in content development, Microsoft office, and familiarity with general office equipment.
This position is for a minimum of ten hours per work week with option to work remote(interns may work remotely from any of the 19 counties in the region). Should the selected student’s course schedule require or allow, accommodations can be made to work additional hours. While this intern position is unpaid, the following will be provided:
- Optional work space in Heartwood: Southwest Virginia’s Artisan Gateway in Abingdon, Virginia with Laptop computer and access to Wi-Fi. If working remotely intern will need to provide their own technology and have regular access to internet.
- Office supplies (i.e. printers, paper, pens, etc.)
- Reimbursement for gas expenses for directly related work travel
- Occasional night and weekends